Krepost is an application that allows migrating source-code repositories from Microsoft SourceSafe to Subversion repositories.
All files and history of each file are migrated to new repository.
Krepost means fortress in Russian language.
Your source-code should be strongly safe, shouldn't it?
Microsoft SourceSafe has been discontinued, and has a long list of problems and limitations. Many companies and individual-users are migrating their repositories to Subversion, which is a well-established open-source Version Control System.
In this kind of migration, it's very important that not only the most-recent version of each file is migrated, but the complete history of each file, since file histories offer better understanding of your source codes, and allows features like Subversion blame, where one can find out who is responsible for each line of source code.
Migrate immediately and stop losing your source code!
Krepost has all features of similar applications and a few other advantages:
- Preserves Author and Date of each modification
- Individual Modifications (across multiple files) are grouped into Unique Modifications (atomic)
- Can migrate to a Linux-based Subversion Server
- Migrates SourceSafe Labels, for informational usage
- Rebuilds renames, moves, and deletes of files and folders (as long as files weren't destroyed))
- Wizard-like Graphical Interface. No need to build from source code, hack into XML configuration files, or debug into VSS bugs
- Can circunvent many SourceSafe flaws which break other applications while reading some files
- Does not need SourceSafe Administrator.
- Allows you to import the whole SourceSafe repository or import only selected projects
- Removes SourceSafe Bindings, which are kept inside Microsoft Visual Studio project files
- Allows you to ignore large binary files, or migrate only their latest version
- Works with any Subversion version (even latest version)
- Contact us if you need further customizations on your software.
Krepost Trial Edition
We recommend our users to download the evaluation version of the software to evaluate before purchasing the software.
This Trial version is fully functional, but will not migrate contents for a small number of revisions.
In other words, Krepost will migrate all revisions of all files, but will use fake contents on some revisions (between 1% to 20%, depending on the date).
Krepost 3.0.15 Trial
Windows XP / Windows 7 / Windows 10 / Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016 / 2019
Subversion (any version)
Please read the License Agreement before downloading or purchasing the software.
(*) Each purchased license gives you an activation key, to activate the product on 1 single computer.
(*) Must have internet connectivity for activation, and the software can be used for 1 year after activation.
(**) If repository has more than 50 different users in revision history, migration will fail